Saying Good Bye to 14 Margaret St.

August 15th is 4 days away.  August 15th has taken forever to get here, but has also come so fast.  August 15th is the date I've been waiting in anticipation for all summer.  August 15th is the date that the rest of my life begins.

On August 15th, 14 Margaret Street will no longer be my home address and while it's been my address for over 10 years, I can't say it's felt like "home" that whole time.  The other day, a friend of mine asked me if I was kind of sad getting ready to move out of my house.  I stood there in the kitchen of 14 Margaret and pondered this.  Am I sad?  I should be kind of sad, right?  So..let me try to be sad.  Truth be told, I'm not sad.  I tried hard to shed just one little tear for 14 Margaret, but I couldn't and that's a lot coming from a girl who is never at a loss for watery eyes at the slightest touch of nostalgia.  But no, there were no tears 2 days ago and I don't think there will be any in 4 days.

In 2003, 14 Margaret Street was full of possibilities and filled with dreams of what was to come.  As we know in a life of imperfection, dreams and goals do not always work out the way you think they will.  Life is full of twists and turns, making outcomes at times unexpected and surprising.  Maybe the dreams of 14 Margaret Street were too defined, too planned out without leaving room for the unknown challenges that would lie ahead.  Regardless, 14 Margaret Street has certainly been full of learning opportunites and new experiences to help me grow and develop into who I am today.  Not to mention, 14 Margaret Street will always be the first home to one Jack Stephen Spencer who seems to have found this house to be as enchanting as I once thought it was.

So I walk down the driveway of 14 Margaret, grateful for the shelter she has provided me through the years.  However, I don't look back.  I don't need to.  I am unattached.  I do not look upon 14 Margaret St. with regret or despair.  She was a house.  A house where I learned a lot about myself through various experiences.  That I am grateful for, but I did that, not my house.  I am in charge of making a shelter into a home. 14 Margaret provided me shelter, but it is the ones inside a shelter that make a house a home.  In my new home, maybe Jack and I will carry a little of "14" Margaret St. with us as we move onto "14" Jonathan Roberge Lane.

But our new address is our new beginning.  A chance to feel renewed.  A chance to design the rooms into our own style.  A chance to meet new people. A chance to live life a little more balanced as we travel to a more convenient location.  A facelift for our home, perhaps?  A place to dream.  A place to laugh.  A place for new memories.  A place to continue to embrace the imperfections that life will bring our way.  A place of curiosity of what is to come.  I am very much looking forward to moving into our new place:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Perfect World, would fate lead us to our one true love?

Taking Care of Mommy

Already finding imperfections with my blogging skills!!