On the Edge of Glory

Cruising down the highway. Windows down.  Radio blasting.  Sun shining.  Feelings of freedom. 

This is it.  This is the place I've been waiting to be, right on the edge of glory.  That feeling when everything seems to be falling into place.  With moving, a sense of hope for a good life has transformed into action, life IS good.  I've moved into a new home, my home.  A home I've made for Jack and I.  A place that is ours, all ours.

When you move and pack up an old house, you rid yourself of so much more than duplicate toys, clothes that haven't been worn for over a year, kitchen gadgets never used, and hallmark cards that have lost their sentiment.  It's a bit like "detoxing" your life.  You rid yourself of things unused, unnecessary, and without meaning or meaning lost.  It could be compared with losing those extra pounds you've been carrying but know you don't need.  Moving takes pounds off your life.  It's a literal way to start anew, refresh.  In my case, it was an opportunity to create MY space in which I feel cozy, comfortable, and myself! 

It is a change to want to be in my house, a place I will call home.  A place filled with symbols of Jack and me and who we are.  It is a place no one else can put their stamp on.  It is welcoming and warm.  My "house" is no longer the place I avoid the most, the place where I can never seem to get comfortable, the place that had become a burden.  My house is now home.  And with a new home has come a sense of calm, a sense of peace.   Landing in my new home has been over two years in the making and now in September 2013, I've landed.

A house to call home, a son full of curiosity and love, a refreshed outlook at work, and a marathon to conquer.  This, my friends is sitting on the edge of glory.  Will I jump?  Will I skydive?  Or will I hike down, step by step, inch by inch?  It doesn't matter how I or anyone gets to glory.  Getting to glory is an adventure in itself and each person makes the trip in their own way.  So it's not a how, but rather a WHEN you will start your launch into glory.

My journey to glory has been a slow one, but a moving one nonetheless.  I am not there yet.  I am on the edge.  I can feel it, it's close.  Each day since I sold my house, my mind has been a little clearer, my footsteps a little lighter, and my smile a little bigger.  Life is going to be good, not easy of course, but good.  So I stand here on the edge, the edge of something great, the edge of a life I am creating, that I am in control of.  I'm not sure if I'll take the fast route and leap or take it slow and hike my way there.  This, my friends, is a good place to be.  On the edge, making something happen.

Have you found your glory? Or are you still making your journey to it? Or maybe you've reached it, but need to get it back?  Take the steps, jumps, twists, and turns it takes to get there.  Once you've been on the edge, nothing will stop you from your goals.  You will taste them on the tip of your tongue.  You will want to make your dreams come true and you can.  Some dreams take steps upon steps to get to, others come to you by chance.  Or maybe you take a leap, a risk and meet your glory that way.  Do what it takes because you can.  Find your glory.  Stand on the edge of it and when you are ready, make the leap.  Soak in the feelings of accomplishment, happiness, success, and calm.  Let your glory give meaning to your life.  Take each experience of life and learn from it.  Cry because of it.  Laugh at it.  Make it into a new dream.  Stand on the edge of glory and honor that feeling in the space between "almost there" and "there".  Use it to reflect on where you've been and where you are going.

Who else is on the edge of glory?  Tell use about it....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a Perfect World, would fate lead us to our one true love?

Taking Care of Mommy

Taking some "me" time...should I feel guilty?